Install Linux without erasing NT4 boot

Post by cib » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Each time i install a partition of Linux, i get the message 'unable to find
NTDLR, make sure it is installed' when i go back to windows NT.
Can someone tell me how to save this boot of NT, instead of re-installing
again the Whole NT.
Thanks

Post by Dual » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Each time i install a partition of Linux, i get the message 'unable to find
>NTDLR, make sure it is installed' when i go back to windows NT.
>Can someone tell me how to save this boot of NT, instead of re-installing
>again the Whole NT.

Don't install the LILO bootloader ,but make a Linux startup disk
instead

DualIP

Post by M. Buchenried » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>Each time i install a partition of Linux, i get the message 'unable to find
>>NTDLR, make sure it is installed' when i go back to windows NT.

Sure, because each OS installs its own loader (unless you specified NOT
to do this).

Quote:>>Can someone tell me how to save this boot of NT, instead of re-installing
>>again the Whole NT.

You don't have to do that. All you need is to repair the boot sector.

Quote:>Don't install the LILO bootloader ,but make a Linux startup disk
>instead

Use bootpart.exe to start Linux via the NT bootloader.

Michael