help newbie with recompiling kernel in RedHat 7.0

help newbie with recompiling kernel in RedHat 7.0

Post by Hung Ngoc La » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 00:08:24

I have been getting an error during the make bzImage
stage.
I search around and found out that I need to modify
the
Makefile in /usr/src/linux  directory and change the
gcc to kgcc.
However, even after I did that, I still get error from
the make bzImage.  Can you tell me what else I need
to modify?
If possible, please send me a copy of the Makefile
with all the necessary
changes so that I can make minework.

Many thanks
.
David

1. help newbie with recompiling kernel in RedHat 7.0

I have been getting an error during the make bzImage
stage.
I search around and found out that I need to modify
the
Makefile in /usr/src/linux  directory and change the
gcc to kgcc.
However, even after I did that, I still get error from
the make bzImage.  Can you tell me what else I need
to modify?
If possible, please send me a copy of the Makefile
with all the necessary
changes so that I can make minework.

Many thanks
.
David

2. Stupid Question Alert!!! :) How do I allow other users to SU?

3. Linux newbie lost mouse in Xfree86 after recompiling kernel, need help to help himOne

4. Why KDE 2 is not working with Slackware 7.1

5. help with recompiling kernel 2.2.16-22 in RedHat 7

6. RAID?

7. Help with recompiling kernel on RedHat 5.1

8. sending to smtp from snort

9. help with recompiling kernel 2.2.16-22 in RedHat 7

10. RH 7.0 Can't recompile kernel

11. snd-card-sb16.o for SUSE Linux 7.0 with a kernel recompiled to 2.2.18

12. Never can upgrade/recompile kernel on RH 6.2/7.0

13. Help needed setting up MPU-401 with Redhat 7.0, Kernel 2.4