UNIX Devil picture: found (was: Looking for UNIX picture)

UNIX Devil picture: found (was: Looking for UNIX picture)

Post by Budi Rahard » Mon, 07 Nov 1994 23:59:07

Finally I found the UNIX (BSD?) daemon picture. Here is the URL
http://colargol.edb.tih.no/~geirme/gizmos/illustrators/devil.gif

Now, if I made a picture with the same character (the unix devil
doing something else), would I violate the copyright?

I am still looking for a picture that can indicate UNIX (and its
variants) for my handout.

I want to have a picture of another devil (or an angel?) which
could indicate a "daemon" for my UNIX handout. Or maybe another
picture that "clearly" says ... UNIX. Maybe a cartoon picture of
Linus T. killing the daemon ?(that would be cool).
Too bad I can't draw :-(

Maybe a picture of "login:", or "exit();", or "init" ?
Comments?

-- budi
--

#include <std-disclaimer.h>
Unix Support - Computer Services - University of Manitoba

1. A picture is worth a thousand words: picture of the software world

Linux lovers,
   You will love this picture at the URL below.  It describes, in
simple graphics, the role of Linux and how it will change the
world. It expresses Linux more effectively than texts in many articles.
See it at

http://vision.ucsd.edu/~atai/softwarewar.gif

Enjoy!

--

Free software:  the software by the people, of the people and for the people,
worldwide.  Develop! Share! Enhance! And enjoy!

2. Installing software

3. Picture of NetBSD devil?

4. Would like to get the D-link 538TX NIC card to work

5. MacIntosh AppleScan-pictures -> UNIX-gif ??

6. Help : Can't acess modem

7. PICTURE VIEWER FOR UNIX ?

8. Also.... (regarding voodoo3 3k problem with xfree 4.0)

9. looking for a news picture sucker

10. Looking for a picture of a Model 33 TTY

11. X shuts down when trying to look .gif pictures

12. Looking for program to compare pixel pictures

13. KDE background picture looks ugly