Sybase CTLib + glibc + ctsql + RHL 5.0 ???

Sybase CTLib + glibc + ctsql + RHL 5.0 ???

Post by ramk » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00



Sybase CTLib  + glibc + ctsql/sqsh + RHL 5.0 ???

Has any one been able to link and build ctsql with above setup.

I tried to build ctsql using the converted ctlibs available from
mudshark. When building it always dies in the link stage with
cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 6.

I even tried to use the original ctlib from ftp.sybase.com.
First I used objcopy with the following command line
objcopy -O elf32-i386 --remove-leading-char  <infile> <outfile>
to convert from a.out to elf.

Even after this the same error  occurs in the link stage.

My system setup is (RHL RPMS)

binutils-2.8.1.0.29-2
glibc-2.0.7-7
gcc-2.8.1-1

uname -a
Linux shiva.superlink 2.0.32 #2 Sun Apr 26 15:25:02 EDT 1998 i486 unknown

Has anyone got a succesful link with sybase CT libs. If so what is the
work around.

Thanks
ramki

 
 
 

Sybase CTLib + glibc + ctsql + RHL 5.0 ???

Post by Ken Oste » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00


I have built CTlib on linux rh4.1 and recently rhlinux 5.0 at home...

I have a page that describes how.. try it. you might need to add -linsck to
the "extralibs" file...  I recently did it with the "dynamic" libraries..  I
have a link to "SybPerl" author Michael Peppler's page to download the ctlib
libraries.

Ken Oster
http://www.illuminetss7.com/~koster/ctlib_linux.html


>Sybase CTLib  + glibc + ctsql/sqsh + RHL 5.0 ???

>Has any one been able to link and build ctsql with above setup.

>I tried to build ctsql using the converted ctlibs available from
>mudshark. When building it always dies in the link stage with
>cc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 6.
>...
>Even after this the same error  occurs in the link stage.

>My system setup is (RHL RPMS)

>binutils-2.8.1.0.29-2
>glibc-2.0.7-7
>gcc-2.8.1-1

>uname -a
>Linux shiva.superlink 2.0.32 #2 Sun Apr 26 15:25:02 EDT 1998 i486 unknown

>Has anyone got a succesful link with sybase CT libs. If so what is the
>work around.

>Thanks
>ramki


 
 
 

Sybase CTLib + glibc + ctsql + RHL 5.0 ???

Post by Willem Moor » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00


Dear Ken,


> I have built CTlib on linux rh4.1 and recently rhlinux 5.0 at home...

Did you manage to get the RH5-built program running ?
On my RH5 box I've managed to build one of the sample programs that comes with
the CTlib for Linux distribution, but didn't manage to get it running (it
coredumps).
It did work for RH4.1 though.

Regards,

Willem

 
 
 

Sybase CTLib + glibc + ctsql + RHL 5.0 ???

Post by ramk » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00


Quote:>Did you manage to get the RH5-built program running ?
>On my RH5 box I've managed to build one of the sample programs that comes with
>the CTlib for Linux distribution, but didn't manage to get it running (it
>coredumps).

I compiled ctsql 1.4 with the dynamic ELF CTlibs from Michael Peppler's
site/page as suggested by Ken Oster on my RHL 5.0 setup. I was able to
run simple selects, insert, delete, update, sps connecting to System 11
sybase servers.

I have yet to try xisql  which comes as a sample with the ELF libs.

ramki

 
 
 

1. Linking Sybase CTLib example programs on Linux ELF

I'm trying to build the example programs and 'make' keeps complaining of
a bunch of undefined references to entry points that should be in
libct.a - which I see on the ld command line, I know the SYBASE variable
exists (it's finding the include files) but for whatever reason, it
doesn't seem to be finding libct.a.  

I did check to see that $SYBASE/lib is added not just to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
(which is probably unnecessary since shared libraries aren't included in
the package) but they are also -L$SYBASE/lib on the link.

Any ideas?

2. ZMODEM and SCO Openserver 4.0

3. new ctlib (Sybase's Linux port) + sybperl + apache = ok?

4. Services to choose on Solaris 2.6

5. Sybase CTLIB and mixed a.out/ELF compiling

6. Failed starting default keymap

7. Sybase CTLib for Linux on FreeBSD

8. Tuning CPU limits?

9. Help: Printing to Epson Stylus under RHL 5.0

10. REAL PLAYER AND LD_LIBRARY PATH IN RHL 5.0

11. BOCHS FOR WINDOWS AND RHL 5.0

12. system.fvwm2rc under RHL 5.0

13. Help: Kaffe under RHL 5.0