Memory-saving mailer for Linux?

Post by Gelson Dias Sant » Fri, 22 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>     Hi all,
>     I'm going to setup some internet conectivity and I'd like to
>know which mail agent I should use in order to save memory. I'm expecting
>1. Sendmail+IDA: seems pretty standard, very powerful and relatively
>easy to configure;
>2. Zmailer: Seems pretty good for heavy load systems; I don't know if
>it has benefits for low-load, low-memory situations (like mine).
>3. Smail, sendmail V8 or others: really don't know, but I'm not very
>happy with the idea of fighting sendmail.cf; I already have too much
>to learn!

        I suggest you stick with berkeley sendmail, because this is the de
facto standard unix mailer and the best supported on the net.

        Off topic: could you please acknowledge receiving this posting? I
suspect my news system does not posts outside Brazil.

        Gelson

Post by John Timmer » Fri, 22 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> >     Hi all,

> >     I'm going to setup some internet conectivity and I'd like to
> >know which mail agent I should use in order to save memory. I'm expecting

> >1. Sendmail+IDA: seems pretty standard, very powerful and relatively
> >easy to configure;
> >2. Zmailer: Seems pretty good for heavy load systems; I don't know if
> >it has benefits for low-load, low-memory situations (like mine).
> >3. Smail, sendmail V8 or others: really don't know, but I'm not very
> >happy with the idea of fighting sendmail.cf; I already have too much
> >to learn!

>         I suggest you stick with berkeley sendmail, because this is the de
> facto standard unix mailer and the best supported on the net.

>         Off topic: could you please acknowledge receiving this posting? I
> suspect my news system does not posts outside Brazil.

>         Gelson

Nao tem problemas; eu posso leer tudo aqui em canada, o que voce ten escrito
;=) , y felice navidade...
--
...my other signature is illegible...

1. GnuPG / mailer problem: How to find out where the mailer is wrong ?

Hi fellow linuxers,

hope this is not the wrong place to ask this - if it is, just ignore me or
give back a flame that's worth a giggle or two ...,;-)

1. the setting

gpg (GnuPG) 1.2.1  (also tried 1.0.4)
Ximian evolution 1.1.2 Beta 2 (also tried 1.0.8 final)
KMail 1.3.1

2. the problem

I am trying to encrypt to a public key that is somewhat special, in that
it has two User-IDs, one of which does *not* contain an email address,
like this:

uid                            John Doe
sub  4096g/G8456233 2002-08-18 [expires: 2004-08-18]

For KMail this is no problem: If the message is addressed to the exact UID

KMail is unsure about the key to encrypt to, it simply brings up a
selection dialog.

Ximian evolution on the other hand seems to pass something different to
gpg, and as a consequence, in the process of encrypting a message to such
a key, I get an error message back saying that gpg "can't find a valid
recipient". Even typing the recipients exact user-ID does not help.

3. what I have tried

I did a regular expression search in the config files (located in
~/evolution/ ) for terms like 'gpg', but didn't find any clues.

I have tried to 'strace -ff -v -o debug.pid evolution' but this didn't
produce any useful output (e.g. the options that gpg is called up with)

4. the question

What else could I do, or where else could I look in order to find out what
evolution does differently with gpg ?

I really like evolution as it is some of the best integrated solutions,
but without working gpg integration it is useless for me.

Thanks in advance for any helpful comments !

Cheers,

Martin

2. Problems with colors/crashes in Linux Doom

3. Mailers / mailer programs

4. Scalability of /etc/passwd

5. Do I need to recompile Xserver to save memory?

6. Error message: locale not supported ...

7. saving drawing area in memory

8. ROOT CONSOLE LOGIN PROBLEMS

9. Saving/reading data to/from shared memory

10. Can I save raw memory image for quick start?

11. Saving memory (/proc/sys/net/core/*)

12. How to save memory while running background operations?

13. Do shared libraries save memory or disk space