Mounting FreeBSD 4

Post by David Wals » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
        I have re-compiled my kernel with UFS support + the Experimental
Read/Write support + BSD Partition Table support.
I can mount my FreeBSD partition no problems EXCEPT

it only boots the / "slice"

How do I mount the  /usr "slice"  ?

--------------------------------
--- David Walsh                -

--- http://www.onthenet.com.au -
--- (07) 55933535              -
--------------------------------

1. Trouble mounting FreeBSD UFS under Linux

I found a few threads about this on google, but I haven't been able to
get it to work.  I'm trying to mount a FreeBSD filesystem under Linux,
in case the subject was unclear.  The BSD filesystem is contained in a
single slice, divided into two partitions: / and swap (simple, if
stupid).

# mount -t ufs -o ro,ufstype=44bsd /dev/hdb5 /mnt/bsd

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb5,
       or too many mounted file systems

From dmesg:
Partition check:
 hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4
 hdb: hdb1
 hdb1: <bsd: hdb5 hdb6 >

From fdisk -l:
Disk /dev/hdb: 255 heads, 63 sectors, 2501 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hdb1   *         1      2501  20089251   a5  BSD/386

This is a Red Hat kernel, 2.4.9-21, and UFS support has been built as
a module.

FWIW, I've also tried mounting hdb6 and 1, both ro and not, with equal
(lack of) effectiveness in all cases.  There's nothing wrong with the
filesystem; I can boot FreeBSD (4.5) fine using grub.  What am I doing
wrong?

--
HH

2. Using PC memory on a 43P

3. 2.4.19-pre8-ac5: cannot mount FreeBSD file system

4. how to know the instruction address of calling function within called function?

5. Mounting FreeBSD Partition (???)

6. Shell script problem using Telnet

7. mounting FreeBSD filesystem?

8. Backing up from Solaris 2.5

9. Can I read/mount FreeBSD drives under Linux?

10. problem mounting FreeBSD NFS under AIX 5

11. Mounting FreeBSD partitions

12. mounting freebsd partition

13. How to mount FreeBSD partitions under OpenBSD?