Partition DOS lose

Post by DARIE Flori » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

   I have two partition: DOS (windows 95) (1 Gb) and Linux (800 Mb)(and
Swap Linux
partition).
  The problem is:  I can't mount DOS partition (because partition
have FAT32 and probably linux not suport)...
 Another problem is: I have modify (on Linux) with fdisk type of FAT
for DOS partition (stuppid idea). Can I recover it ?

                *******************************
                        Darie Florin

                *******************************

Partition DOS lose

Post by Brion Vibbe » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>    I have two partition: DOS (windows 95) (1 Gb) and Linux (800 Mb)(and
> Swap Linux
> partition).
>   The problem is:  I can't mount DOS partition (because partition
> have FAT32 and probably linux not suport)...

Get the FAT32 kernel patch from
http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html or use a recent
development kernel (FAT32 has been in the kernel since 2.1.60).

Quote:>  Another problem is: I have modify (on Linux) with fdisk type of FAT
> for DOS partition (stuppid idea). Can I recover it ?

Change it back to type 'b', which is the type for FAT32 partitions.

1. how do i mount an extended dos partition or a dos logical partition ?

i need to access/share data with an NT machine (not on a network)
i have 10G removable hard drives
i am trying to put a file system on it to allow access by both linux and
NT
linux won't mount an ntfs file system
the NT person put 4 primary (?) dos partitions on the disk
and if i run fdisk in linux it sees 4 FAT16 partitions
but it will only let me mount the first one

how do i mount the other 3 ?

is there some special way the disk needs to be formated by NT ?

thanks for any help,
dan

2. Mathematica 3.0 for Linux out!

3. help - lost dos partitions while installing linux

4. finding free space on devices ???

5. lost dos partition during install

6. BETTER OS? FreeBSD vs. Linux

7. Help: DOS partition lost!

8. g77 / large array : seg faults

9. lost(?) dos partition--is still there

10. Need to access lost dos partition!

11. HELP I lost my dos f: partition

12. Losing files on DOS partition!?

13. Restoring lost DOS partition