Read/write access of NT partitions from Linux?

Read/write access of NT partitions from Linux?

Post by =BORG » Tue, 13 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

If anyone has NT and Linux installed on the same computer,
can you tell me if you can read/write to NT partitions
from Linux? If yes, what options did you enable in kernel
filesystems support?

Please feel free to cc me a copy of your reply.

--
*-=-=-=-=-=#include <disclaimer.h>-=-=-=-=-=-=-*

*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Vancouver, B.C.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=*
*-=-=-=-Good pings come in small packets-=-=-=-*

Post by Raphael Wegman » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> If anyone has NT and Linux installed on the same computer,
> can you tell me if you can read/write to NT partitions
> from Linux? If yes, what options did you enable in kernel
> filesystems support?

You'll have to patch the kernel. But I'd have to search for the URL of
the package, so I can't tell you. Another method is to make a plain
MSDOS-FAT partition, so you can share data between WIN-NT and Linux and
btw. you can boot DOS to play some DOS games ;-)

--
Raphael Wegmann

1. Linux Read-Write Access to OS/2 HPFS Partitions

Its been my understanding that the Red Hat 2.2.x kernel inherently
supports reading from and writing to OS/2 HPFS partitions.  Can
anyone confirm or deny that Mandrake implemented this "feature"?

I'm using the LM 7.0-2 version (kernel 2.2.14-15mdk), and have no
trouble mounting and reading from the OS/2 HPFS partitions, but so
far have not been able to "write" to them, either as root or anyone
else!  I keep getting an error message telling me that the file
system is a "read-only" file system.

The current fstab entries are shown below:

 /dev/sda1/   /usr/os2boot   hpfs
 user,etc,dev,suid,rw,noauto,conv=binary,uid=501,gid=503,umask=0 1 1

 /dev/sdb1/   /usr/os2data   hpfs
 user,etc,dev,suid,rw,noauto,conv=binary,uid=501,gid=503,umask=0 1 1

Has anyone else had success in this area?

George

2. executing script command on remote host

3. User read/write access to Windoze partition?

4. 451 <anquetil@equus.dial.uottawa.ca>... unresolvable host name......

5. Read/Write Access to FAT32 Partitions

6. ram detection

7. WD 540 caviar with linux? write-read partition?

8. Problems with SPEA Mirage P64 and 16bpp

9. WRITE access to HPFS partitions via linux

10. How to allow all users to have read/write permissions to DOS drives/partitions under Linux?

11. Can linux read from and write to Windows 95 partition?

12. Write access to Win95 partition from linux

13. Sockets: write() writes OK, yet read() reads garbage...?