(pk)unzip-compatible unzip with spanning for Linux?

(pk)unzip-compatible unzip with spanning for Linux?

Post by Len Philp » Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know of an unzip utility for Linux that will handle spanned
pkzip archives? I seem to remember trying InfoZip, and although it
handles pkzip's format, it won't handle spanned images. I've looked
around for one, but so far have been unsuccessful.

This is necessary at present since my Linux machine is not on the
network, nor does it have internet access. The W95 PCs do... hence the
temporary need for sneakernet (and many archives are larger than 1.44
MB).

Thanks in advance.

 ---------------> http://www.centuryinter.net/lphilpot/  (web)

(pk)unzip-compatible unzip with spanning for Linux?

Post by Carl Fi » Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know of an unzip utility for Linux that will handle spanned
>pkzip archives? I seem to remember trying InfoZip, and although it
>handles pkzip's format, it won't handle spanned images. I've looked
>around for one, but so far have been unsuccessful.

Combine zip/unzip with split, which is available for DOS and Linux.
--

I-Con's Science and Technology Guest of Honor in 2000 will be Geoffrey
A. Landis.  See <http://www.iconsf.org> for I-Con information.