How to match mb bus speed and ram speed?

How to match mb bus speed and ram speed?

Post by hyh » Wed, 14 May 2003 13:06:59

On a 100M fsb motherboard, pc133 ram will run at 100M, right?
Then on a 200M fsb motherboard, pc266 ram will run at what speed?
200M?

How to match mb bus speed and ram speed?

Post by Cono » Wed, 14 May 2003 22:26:39

Quote:> On a 100M fsb motherboard, pc133 ram will run at 100M, right?
> Then on a 200M fsb motherboard, pc266 ram will run at what speed?
> 200M?

100MHz. IT doubles the data rate hence 100x2=200.

--
________________________
Conor Turton

ICQ:31909763
________________________

Post by Mykroft Holmes I » Thu, 15 May 2003 04:21:25

> > On a 100M fsb motherboard, pc133 ram will run at 100M, right?
> > Then on a 200M fsb motherboard, pc266 ram will run at what speed?
> > 200M?

> 100MHz. IT doubles the data rate hence 100x2=200.

Depends on the board, some boards support Async timing, and could run the
ram at 133MHz DDR (266 effective.), or it could be one of those new 200MHz
FSB boards (400MHz Effective) for the Atlon XP 3200+ and run the ram at
133MHz DDR (266 MHz Effective).

As to the 100MHz board, it will likely clock the ram at 100MHz, but may
clock at a different speed (Anywhere from 66MHz to 133+MHz) if it supports
Async timing.

Adam

Post by RusH » Fri, 16 May 2003 03:57:22

Quote:> On a 100M fsb motherboard, pc133 ram will run at 100M, right?
> Then on a 200M fsb motherboard, pc266 ram will run at what speed?
> 200M?

define
ram
motherboard

be more SPECIFIC

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH   // [692-95-30-05 tylko SMS]
 http://kiti.pulse.pdi.net/qv30 :P

1. Matching getty speed to dial-in speed

I have a US Robotics modem attached to an RS/6000.  People dialing in
do so at 9600, 2400, and 1200 baud.  How do I tell getty to do the right
thing?

If there isn't a way to get getty to cycle line speeds, I was thinking of
writing a program which would read the connection codes from the modem and
then execing getty with the proper args.  The problem is I can't figure how
to open the port since it seems to be modem controlled.  I know it can
be done since cu does it.

Any clues?  Thanks.
Gaylord

2. problem installing software

3. Advice forOptimal Matching of CPU speed to FSB speed

4. max members of a group

5. chip speed in multiples of bus speed

6. Want to help build the newest linux portal?

7. Clustering - Network Speed vs Local Bus Speed

8. readdir() problem ...

9. Speed..Speed..Speed

10. download speed is faster than upload speed with ftpd+term?

11. Loopback speed = eth0 speed !?!?!?

12. Checking speed of dual speed network card

13. download speed is faster than upload speed with ftpd+term?