Summarizing: PCMCIA SCSI-Adaptor recommended for linux?

Post by Gisbert Berge » Wed, 29 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> > I'm looking for a PCMCIA-SCSI Adaptor for useage under linux.
> > Has anybody experiences with a PCMCIA SCSI adaptor? Which you would
> > recommend? Any known problems? I use kernel 2.0.30 and PCMCIA card

> Also der Adaptec funktionier bei mir prima. Allerdings habe ich die
> 1460 SlimSCSI, ...

> Check the linux PCMCIA page at:
>   http://hyper.stanford.edu/HyperNews/get/pcmcia/home.html

Quote:> Don't get the Iomega Jaz card!  Here's my sorry tale:
> - On booting Linux, the pcmcia package recognizes the drive as an
>  Adaptec APA-1460 slimSCSI and loads the aha152x driver.
> - However, I/O-intensive operations will cause the following error
>  to be repeated continuously:
>        Aiee: scheduling in interrupt 00123d49

So I have decided to buy the Adaptec APA 1460 SlimSCSI and it works
fine (I used SCSI CD-Writer, CD-ROM and Scanner until now). So I think
that the Iomega Jaz card is not real a APA-1460 SlimSCSI as it will be
detected. Maybe this is the reason for the problems of Randolph.
I can recommend now the real APA 1460 SlimSCSI from Adapaptec too.

1. PCMCIA SCSI-Adaptor recommended for linux?

I'm looking for a PCMCIA-SCSI Adaptor for useage under linux.
I've found that the adaptec 1450 is not very expensive, and I've
heard, that it will work with linux.]
Has anybody experiences with a PCMCIA SCSI adaptor? Which you would
recommend? Any known problems? I use kernel 2.0.30 and PCMCIA card
services 2.9.5 is it enough or higher versions needed?

thank you in advance.

Gisbert

2. iptables, firewall and port forwarding questions (kernel 2.4)

3. recommended wireless pcmcia adapter/ access points

4. boot directories

5. can anyone recommend a PCMCIA adapter...

6. How to get turecolor in CDE?

7. Recommended PCMCIA ethernet adapter ?

8. How to add space for /usr

9. Linux & PCMCIA SCSI Adapters for a Laptop

10. Supported PCMCIA SCSI adaptor for Linux on Compaq Concerto notebook

11. recommend a good SCSI adapter

12. recommended PCI SCSI adapter

13. Recommend a low-end SCSI adapter?