using 'mail' and pop

Post by Steve Gag » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I would like to sometimes quickly react to email from the command line
using 'mail'. I use fetchmail to bring mail in from my pop box, and read
it with 'mail'. But when I send mail, the from: address is sent to my

would obviously like people to reply to my pop address and 2) some mail
servers won't even accept mail from a host that's not in their DNS
table. I've looked through all the mail and sendmail docs I can find,
but can't figure this one out. Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

using 'mail' and pop

Post by Steve Gag » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I would like to sometimes quickly react to email from the command line
using 'mail'. I use fetchmail to bring mail in from my pop box, and read
it with 'mail'. But when I send mail, the from: address is sent to my

would obviously like people to reply to my pop address and 2) some mail
servers won't even accept mail from a host that's not in their DNS
table. I've looked through all the mail and sendmail docs I can find,
but can't figure this one out. Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

using 'mail' and pop

Post by Michael Pow » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

1. How to cut out 'x-pop-rcpt' when using fetchmail for multi mail drop?

Hi all,

I am using fetchmail pop client for a multi drop mail box.
After fetchmail pop the mails from my ISP (say, host.com), it redirect
all the mails to my local sendmail for distribution. Everything works
fine except that all mails included the line :

mails, it is not the final user, and i don't want the final user see
this line. So, how can I cut out this line before redirect to my local
user? Should I do it from fetchmail or sendmail?

Any helps would be appreciated!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. replace-regex-region macro in emacs

3. Difference between 'Mail' and 'mail'?

4. local interface address

5. Pop up 'You have new mail !' How ???

6. [Fwd: Need help - install hangs/crashes on ASUS P3B-F based system]

7. Pop up 'You have new mail !' HOW ???

8. 2.4.19-pre8 New driver synclink_cs.c

9. HELP: Mail/Pop Server Can't Received Mail

10. Using `rsh' in a `twm' pop-up menu

11. Q: 'push' and 'pop' for changing directories?

12. 'push' and 'pop' for changing directories?

13. Eliminate "pops 'n' clicks" listening to MP3's?