Vmware: Linux on Win2K or Win2K on Linux?

Vmware: Linux on Win2K or Win2K on Linux?

Post by (Wm. Randolph Franklin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'd like to use Vmware to run both Windows 2000 Professional
Edition and Linux (SuSE 7).  Which OS should be the base OS, and
which should run as a Vmware client?  I'm thinking that Win2K
should be the base since it supports the peripherals on this Sony
VAIO SR7K (i.link, USB) better than Linux.  However, I'm open to
suggestions.

Thanks.

----

Vmware: Linux on Win2K or Win2K on Linux?

Post by Andre Kost » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

>I'd like to use Vmware to run both Windows 2000 Professional
>Edition and Linux (SuSE 7).  Which OS should be the base OS, and
>which should run as a Vmware client?  I'm thinking that Win2K
>should be the base since it supports the peripherals on this Sony
>VAIO SR7K (i.link, USB) better than Linux.  However, I'm open to
>suggestions.

>Thanks.

I chose to run W2K as the host operating system as there are games which I
want to play on my machine :)

1. win2k + linux: how to boot from win2k os loader

I successfully installed redhat 7.0 on a system which had win2k. I didn't
get the option of choosing where to install LILO. The installation was ok
and I can now dual boot from LILO. I want to restore control to the WIN2k
OS loader. How do I do that? I am afraid that if I just unistall LILO I
will make the whole system unbootable.

2. NEED HELP: Apache on Redhat 8

3. Win2k on VMware for Linux, Palm USB sync problem

4. Compaq support for Linux

5. vmware for linux and win2k

6. ANNOUNCE: A project to compile a Linux Software Development Kit

7. Windows 2000 has 63,000 bugs - Win2k.html [0/1] - Win2k.html [1/1]

8. Apache pointing to wrong directory

9. Windows 2000 has 63,000 bugs - Win2k.html [0/1] - Win2k.html [0/1]

10. Win2k to Win2k VPN failing via ipchains

11. Dual Redhat/Win2k, using LILO, how to delete Win2k?

12. win98 & win2k => RedHat7.1 & win2k, newbie need advise

13. Samba - Red Hat sees Win2k but Win2k cannot see Red Hat 7.2