1. Plug-and-play soundcard - severe trouble!!
I have a windows95-ready plug-and-play soundcard in my computer (damn me!). I
installed the Slackware 3.0 distribution (bare boot, color root, regular IDE
kernel), no problems. I did not install LILO, but made a boot-disk (to be on
the safe side with the other OS on my system).
When I try to boot linux, the system hangs during the hardware initialisation.
First linux initialises the printer, and directly after this a short 'tick' is
heard from the speakers of the soundcard and then nothing happens... There's
even no reaction to Ctrl-Alt-Del.
I don't have the intention to use my soundcard with linux, and I hope there
must be a way to let linux to ignore it or something... The Sound-HOWTO says
current linux-versions are not ready for plug-and-play, but does that mean I
cannot run linux on a computer with such a card in it?
S23 audio card
Windows95 plug-and-play ready
Software settings of I/O,IRQ and DMA
It is currently using IRQ 9, DMA 0 and 1, I/O 0534-0537 and 0388-038B and
I tested the linux booting after removing all cards except the soundcard, and
still the problem occurs, so I don't think it is a conflict with another card.
With all cards removed, linux boots correctly.
Thanks in advance,
2. NIS: Changing Passwords from Clients
3. Help, Plug and Play Modem (SupraExpress 28.8i PNP) and Soundcard (SB AWE64) installation problems
4. Lucid Emacs 19.8 with linux?
5. A plug for the Plug-and-Play Howto
7. help: running ygg plug-and-play without CD
8. UMSDOS - Anyone tried it?
9. trying to get plug & play soundcard to work...
10. ESS 1868 Plug and Play AudioDrive soundcard
11. Plug-and-Play Linux (fall 94) and EtherExpress PRO - any words of wisdom?
12. Problem installing PLug-and-play