Acroread - pdf reader

Post by Dan Chiric » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 05:24:46

I can say the same thing about my version, it works.
I have RH6.2
Dan

> >Has anyone got a working version of Adobe's Acroread?

> The ones that I've downloaded from Adobe have always worked.

> --
> Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Xerox your lunch
>                                   at               and file it under "sex
>                                visi.com            offenders"!

Acroread - pdf reader

Post by Grant Edwar » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 23:11:07

>>>Has anyone got a working version of Adobe's Acroread?

>>The ones that I've downloaded from Adobe have always worked.

>I've had the same problems with Acroread on certain machines.  So far
>as I can tell, they are caused by acroread not liking screen modes
>with fewer than 32bpp (or, at the very least, not liking 24bpp
>modes).

I don't remember acroread specifically having that problem, but
it's not uncommon for X apps to fail at 24bpp.  WP8 and
Netscape both had problems at 24.  They all seem to work fine
at 8, 16, and 23 bpp.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. the HIGHWAY is
                                  at               made out of LIME JELLO and

Acroread - pdf reader

Post by Paul L » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 00:40:06

>>>The ones that I've downloaded from Adobe have always worked.

>>I've had the same problems with Acroread on certain machines.  So far
>>as I can tell, they are caused by acroread not liking screen modes
>>with fewer than 32bpp (or, at the very least, not liking 24bpp
>>modes).

>I don't remember acroread specifically having that problem, but
>it's not uncommon for X apps to fail at 24bpp.  WP8 and
>Netscape both had problems at 24.  They all seem to work fine
>at 8, 16, and 23 bpp.

I am using a 16 bpp screen and don't have problems with any version of
Acroread.  In fact, the reason for the 16 bpp is WP8 has problems with
the higher resolutions.

Acroread - pdf reader

Post by John Thompso » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 04:06:54

> Has anyone got a working version of Adobe's Acroread?

> I downloaded a copy from their site, but that didn't work.  I tried an rpm
> from one of the archives, but that suffered from the same problems, namely not
> displaying pdf files (!) and arbitrarily crashing when exploring why it
> wouldn't display them.

I've had trouble with rpm versions of acroread, but the tarballs
from Adobe's site have always worked.  I'm currently using v4.0
with no problems.

--

1. question: how to run acroread (Adobe PDF reader)

How can I get acroread (Adobe Acrobad reader) to run on Alpha Linux?

The Alpha Linux FAQ, section 17, has instructions for running the
Tru64 version of Netscape on Alpha Linux.  (Thanks to those who have
posted the URLs to Compaq's version of Netscape for Alpha Linux.)
Do those instructions also enable the Tru64 acroread to run under
Linux?  Are there any gotchas involved?  (I'm pretty new at this
kind of thing.)

Thanks.

Rob Riches

2. Linux, NT/4, SCSI3 setup, AGP use

3. pdf reader acroread

4. Is there problems using forks and dynamic memory?

5. Acrobat Reader as default PDF reader

6. GTK guru -> program crashes complaining about gtk.......

7. Invisble Fonts when displaying a PDF file using acroread v4 on Solaris

8. OO Modeler (pref: Booch) For Linux?

9. Associating acroread with PDF files

10. Wierd problem with Acrobat Reader (acroread)

11. Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) Reader for Linux?

12. (One) fix for blank pdf's in reader plugin

13. PDF Reader for Linux?