DLINK 620

Post by Kyle Batem » Sun, 30 Oct 1994 08:15:48

Is anyone using the DLINK 620?
My local network seems to work fine.  I can slip into the net from my laptop OK but when
I try to hook into the net with a DLINK620 the laptop
hangs on ping.  The boot message shows that it
is finding the ethernet adapter and
ifconfig shows eth0 is active, but I can;t
ping or otherwise access anyone on the net.

Also, do  Should you have to reboot each time the DLINK is
reconnected to the machine?
How is that supposed to work?
Kyle Bateman

DLINK 620

Post by Dan P » Mon, 31 Oct 1994 02:10:14

Quote:>Is anyone using the DLINK 620?
>My local network seems to work fine.  I can slip into the net from my laptop OK but when
>I try to hook into the net with a DLINK620 the laptop
>hangs on ping.  The boot message shows that it
>is finding the ethernet adapter and
>ifconfig shows eth0 is active, but I can;t
>ping or otherwise access anyone on the net.

I'm using D-Link 620 on my notebook and it works almost perfectly (but
the driver still looks like beta driver -- which it is). From time to
time the kernel emits the messages:

Oct 29 11:49:28 ues4 kernel: eth0: transmit timed out (5), network cable problem?
Oct 29 11:49:28 ues4 kernel: de620: Ouch! No tx-buffer available!

Once in a while, an xterm using a remote display dies, probably because
of networking problems (xterm's using the local display never die and
idle xterm's using remote diplays never die).

No other problems detected, and I'm using the machine even as an NFS
client.

Quote:

>Also, do  Should you have to reboot each time the DLINK is
>reconnected to the machine?

You're not supposed to connect/disconnect the adapter while the machine
is powered on. Read the manual.

Dan
--
Dan Pop
CERN, CN Division

1. Dlink 620 (NOT 600) Anyone ?!?

There's a de620.c file in the kernel tree. I didn't test whether it works,
but if you have a DE620 hooked to your laptop and load the de620.o module
(that's what I did) it'll get the ethernet number and install itself.

Klaus
Klaus Lichtenwalder, Dipl. Inf., Fax +49-89-98292755

2. Search Engine Submissio Script Wanted

3. Driver for Dlink 620

4. DEADLINE: 60 day waiting period for ALL new domain names

5. LAPTOP and DLINK 620 ethernet

6. Network Setup Problems

7. Wanted: Use DLINK-620 as ethernet adapter

8. xdvi shows blank screen!

9. Sis 620 setup

10. Wearnes CDD-620 CD-ROM problem

11. Where can I find information about SIS 620?

12. PPC 620 ?