Playing multiple sounds simultaneously

Post by Nicholas Holm » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to get linux to play multiple sounds at the same time
(through /dev/dsp) ? In particular, I'd like to play mp3's during
Quake/Quake2. If not, are there any projects underway to allow this?

-nh

1. can't get ALSA to play multiple sources simultaneously

I'm using the latest beta ALSA drivers with a CMI 8738 soundcard (cmipci
driver) on Redhat 7.2 and I can't get multiple sound source output
simultanesouly. I've just got a new box and I've got multiple sources
working fine on my old box using an ESS 1878 soundcard (es18xx driver) but
I can't get it working with the new card.

Has anyone had any experience with this card and the ALSA drivers, or if
not, know of a #define or ./configure parameter that I can pass to get
this working?

Any help is much appreciated.

--
Cheers,
Glen

2. emitting integers

3. ALSA - can't play multiple sources simultaneously

4. Unresolved symbols

5. PC speaker and sound card playing simultaneously

6. How to use boot magic on order to boot Red Hat or Windows 98

7. playing sound from multiple sources

8. fork and then kill child

9. playing several au's simultaneously

10. need "play" to play sound files

11. "au-play" (plays *.au's thru speaker, no sound card needed)

12. sound: sb awe32; playmidi plays, but no sound comes out

13. Multiple programs using the same socket simultaneously