ImageMagick problems

Post by Jonathan Willia » Thu, 27 Oct 1994 09:38:50

I'm trying to install ImageMagick on my linux box (kernel version 1.0.9), but
I don't have the shared library libXpm.so.4.1 and I can't find it anywhere.

I've tried to compile the Xpm stuff in the hopes that would create the
library, but I can't get it to compile (something about a command in the
Makefile before any objects in the xpm/lib/Makefile).

Can anyone point me to that library or tell me why I can't get xpm to compile?

Jon Williams
--
"Satan oscillate my metallic sonatas."
           --my favorite palindrome

1. ImageMagick problem

Hi,
        I have the latest ImageMagick package from RedHat4.0 LInux . My
graphics card is a Matrox Millenium 4MB RAM. My problem concentrates on
using the "animate" utility. When I run am animation (50-80 .mif files
(320x240) ) it goes smoothly (and fast) on the first run, and then -- on
the next run (next cycle) -- slows down dramatically doing an enormous
disk swaping. When I did `top` the `animate` process was taking 32MB
(which I think must be OK) but the `X` processes (the X-server) takes up
the same amount. I don't understand why so much memory is used up
twice. By the way my system has got 32MB RAM and I have an equal amount
for my Swap. Why the first run is so smooth and then is doing all this
page thrashing? Is there a problem with memory use in the animate
program ? Have you ever encountered such a problem?

Please let me know if there are any answers and solutions.

Thank you

Nick.

PS. I've had the same problem (memory draining reflected on the
X-server) with Irix and Solaris machines as well .

2. Guide to PPP/SLIP (long)

3. ImageMagick Problems

4. adsl help

5. RH 5.0 ImageMagick problems

6. Creative Lab 8X cd-rom compatibility.

7. ImageMagick Linking Problem

8. .gz files

9. Problems with ImageMagick & terminal

10. ImageMagick compilation problem

11. Problems compiling ImageMagick 5.3.1 from ports

12. ImageMagick, rpm and libttf.so.4 problem

13. Red Hat 5.0 ImageMagick libc problem