automatic e-mail reply

Post by Joel Rybo » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

For some time now I have been admiring people's e-mail systems that can
bounce a message back saying something like "I am out of the office today,
I will reply first thing tomorrow".

I am not sure if this is part of the Sendmail or what would be involved.

Please e-amil me with any suggestions!

Thanks

Joel Rybolt

automatic e-mail reply

Post by A. Reiche » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

This is the vacation program.  man vacation.
- Alan

:
: For some time now I have been admiring people's e-mail systems that can
: bounce a message back saying something like "I am out of the office today,
: I will reply first thing tomorrow".
:
: I am not sure if this is part of the Sendmail or what would be involved.
:
:
: Please e-amil me with any suggestions!
:
: Thanks
:
:
:
: Joel Rybolt

automatic e-mail reply

Post by Tom Oehs » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>For some time now I have been admiring people's e-mail systems that can
>bounce a message back saying something like "I am out of the office today,
>I will reply first thing tomorrow".

Get the "procmail" package.  It will do a lot, I use it to file mail
automatically in certain folders based on subject or mailing list.

-Tom

automatic e-mail reply

Post by Shawn D. McPe » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

:
: For some time now I have been admiring people's e-mail systems that can
: bounce a message back saying something like "I am out of the office today,
: I will reply first thing tomorrow".
: I am not sure if this is part of the Sendmail or what would be involved.

most likely, they're using 'vacation'

1. automatic email reply with URL content

hi all,

my friend's office block most website from Internet so he can't check
stock price at work :), but email still works.

i have an idea to setup a email a/c on my linux box so he could email
to that alias (with request URL) and reply him with the content of
URL.

can you help? and what i should do?

thanks

2. NAT gateway with multiple async connections to ISP

3. automatic e-mail reply

4. Virtual Adrian for Solaris 8

5. Automatic reply to bad e-mail addresses?

6. Solaris 8 Media kit with Blade 100

7. automatic mail reply

8. RH 7.3 upgrade failure

9. Location of automatic reply generator.

10. automatic reply on incoming mail: HOW???

11. automatic reply databank...

12. Automatic Reply

13. Automatic Replying...