linux directory

Post by Jan Schauman » Wed, 22 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> i can find the file ./.wine/wineserver-localhost.localdomain/socket using
> gnome search tool
> but i don't know how to open or delete the file "socket"

open:
vi .wine/wineserver-localhost.localdomain/socket

remove/delete:
rm .wine/wineserver-localhost.localdomain/socket

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann
http://jschauma-0.dsl.speakeasy.net

Stock's Observation:
        You no sooner get your head above water but what someone pulls
        your flippers off.

linux directory

Post by apriltal » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

i can find the file ./.wine/wineserver-localhost.localdomain/socket using
gnome search tool
but i don't know how to open or delete the file "socket"

1. What sets up linux/src/linux directory ??

After recently installing Infomagic's Aug 95 linux CD, I decided to take
a crack at X Window programming. An hour and one X version of 'hello.c'
later, I attempted to compile my masterpiece only to get a compiler moan
about not finding linux/types.h. Sure enough, line 4 of the included file
/usr/include/sys/types.h was #include <linux/types.h>.

In /usr/include I found the link linux->/usr/src/linux/include/linux, which, I
assume, is to provide redirection during compliation. Unfortunately, the
directory /usr/src does not contain a linux directory, which explains the
compiler moan.

My question is who/what discset is supposed to create and populate the missing
directory. Any help would be appreciated ...

2. HELP !How to install a device --com3 com4 use serial ports card

3. Slackerware 3.1 and /usr/src/linux directory

4. pcmcia initialization befor eth0

5. Standard Linux directory structure description?

6. route

7. Linux Directory Handling

8. Search web interface for XMMS

9. Is there a Linux directory of software available?

10. Where to find the standard Linux directory layout?

11. Linux directory permissions PART II (newbie request help)

12. Mounting Linux directories on a Sun Sparcstation: Access denied

13. /usr/src/linux directory not created with slackware ver 3.0.0 ??