iomega // ZIP DRIVE driver for linux

Post by jero » Sun, 17 Sep 1995 04:00:00

hi ,
is there somewhere a linux device driver for the iomega // zip drive ?

regards,
jerome

Post by Byron A Je » Mon, 18 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>hi ,
>is there somewhere a linux device driver for the iomega // zip drive ?

The SCSI device is supported as a standard SCSI disk.

There is no parallel driver. I have however run a proof of concept test
of DOSEMU and I was able to get the drive to operate under it.

I have a mini HOWTO on sunsite. Our Georgia Tech server is a faster mirror.

ftp.cc.gatech.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/Iomega-ZIP
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/Iomega-ZIP

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!