Idle timeout for PPP client

Post by j.. » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:Jim writes:
> What's the line for the PPP options file to specify the idle timeout
> value?

idle-disconnect 600

will drop the line after five minutes of idle time.
--
John Hasler                This posting is in the public domain.

Dancing Horse Hill         Make money from it if you can; I don't mind.
Elmwood, Wisconsin         Do not send email adverti*ts to this address.

Idle timeout for PPP client

Post by James Cassi » Wed, 03 Dec 1997 04:00:00

What's the line for the PPP options file to specify the idle timeout
value?  I.e. if someone connected to a linux box via ppp doesn't do
anything for n minutes, the line drops?

Thanks,
Jim.

Idle timeout for PPP client

Post by Ashok Aiy » Wed, 03 Dec 1997 04:00:00

On 01 Dec 1997 22:25:34 -0600,

>Jim writes:
>> What's the line for the PPP options file to specify the idle timeout
>> value?

>idle-disconnect 600

                 ^^^

Quote:

>will drop the line after five minutes of idle time.

The number refers to the number of seconds.  An idle timeout of
600 seconds will drop the line in ten minutes.

Ashok
--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research

Idle timeout for PPP client

Post by Friedhelm Mehner » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

: idle-disconnect 600
                  ^^^
: will drop the line after five minutes of idle time.
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Misplaced your pocket calculator ??  :)

Regards,
Friedhelm

--
Microsoft is NOT the answer. Microsoft is the Question.
The answer is: "NO!"

Idle timeout for PPP client

Post by j.. » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> idle-disconnect 600

                  ^^^
Quote:> will drop the line after five minutes of idle time.

Quote:Friedhelm writes:
> Misplaced your pocket calculator ??  :)

Not enough coffee.

(It couldn't be too much coffee, could it?  No.  Not possible.)