syntax error in silo.conf

Post by Tino Keite » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi folks,

I modified something in /etc/silo.conf of an old Sparc Station 2 running
RedHat 4.2 and typed "/sbin/silo", no errors. After rebooting SILO
aborts because of a syntax error in silo.conf and asks for a path to the
kernel at the command line. I neither know where the kernel is nor what
the filename is. What can I do? Has someone a boot floppy whith a kernel
so I can boot from floppy and repair silo.conf? How can I boot a Sparc
Station 2 from floppy?

Tino

syntax error in silo.conf

Post by Andreas K?h?r » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Hi folks,

>I modified something in /etc/silo.conf of an old Sparc Station 2 running
>RedHat 4.2 and typed "/sbin/silo", no errors. After rebooting SILO
>aborts because of a syntax error in silo.conf and asks for a path to the
>kernel at the command line. I neither know where the kernel is nor what
>the filename is. What can I do? Has someone a boot floppy whith a kernel
>so I can boot from floppy and repair silo.conf? How can I boot a Sparc
>Station 2 from floppy?

>Tino

Some common names and locations of the kernel (alas, maybe not on
Sparc systems): '/vmlinuz', '/boot/vmlinuz' or '/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.15'
(where "2.2.15" is the version number of the kernel).

Does SILO display the erroneous line?

/A

--
Andreas K?h?ri, <URL:http://hello.to/andkaha/>. Junk mail, no.
Reformat is a state of disk...

syntax error in silo.conf

Post by Tino Keite » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> >Hi folks,

> >I modified something in /etc/silo.conf of an old Sparc Station 2 running
> >RedHat 4.2 and typed "/sbin/silo", no errors. After rebooting SILO
> >aborts because of a syntax error in silo.conf and asks for a path to the
> >kernel at the command line. I neither know where the kernel is nor what
> >the filename is. What can I do? Has someone a boot floppy whith a kernel
> >so I can boot from floppy and repair silo.conf? How can I boot a Sparc
> >Station 2 from floppy?

> >Tino

> Some common names and locations of the kernel (alas, maybe not on
> Sparc systems): '/vmlinuz', '/boot/vmlinuz' or '/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.15'
> (where "2.2.15" is the version number of the kernel).

> Does SILO display the erroneous line?

No, it only reports the error. It would also help if SILO would display
the silo.conf file, since i could see the path to the kernels.

Tino

1. access.conf syntax error without a syntax error

Hi:

I just compiled Apache 1.3.0 on a RISC/6000 running AIX 4.3.1

After launching httpd I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 23 of /usr/local/http/../access.conf
Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>

I checked the file and looks normal (no unexpected eof or things like
that). I have not modified the access.conf file so I could not have
introduced any syntax errors.

Any clues ? I am totally clueless.

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo

2. Time to leave the group.........Unless things improve

3. APACHE: Syntax error in httpd.conf

4. Where to get different gnome applets?

5. Q: MkLinux syntax error in bootstrap.conf

6. Is there a CD autorun feature for Solaris?

7. syntax error neat line 11 in file /etc/lilo.conf

8. 2.4.19-pre3 ide_xlate_1024_hook ???

9. mem in lilo.conf syntax error

10. syntax error in httpd.conf

11. gated.conf syntax error