Video Subtitling (was Re: Video Editing on Linux?)

Video Subtitling (was Re: Video Editing on Linux?)

Post by Alex Tayl » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>> With all of the great GNU software out there, I was curious as to
>> why no one has taken the challange of developing some type of
>> harware/software combo for doing digital video editing on Linux?
>> I am currently trying to do it on NT 4.0, and it sucks :(

While we're vaguely close to the topic, that reminds me of a problem I've
been considering.  I'm thinking of getting an external (platform-independent)
video genlock unit, for video subtitling.  Trouble is, I don't know of
any software for it under Linux.

Does anyone know if there's any decent subtitling software for Linux/X,
like JacoSub for the Amiga or SubStation Alpha for Win?

People are always proudly claiming that there's a superior Linux program for
virtually anything that Windows has... so it that the case now?

 Alex Taylor                    Computer Science, University of Guelph

| "Love will not live if it remains but a dream                       |
|  And if desire should possess it, then a hollow shell it becomes.   |
|  But still... if that's what you want, then come chase after me..." |
|    -- Fuyumori Kayoko, "Moon Revenge" (translation by DKJY)         |