KNode question

Post by WJP » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:34:10

Is there a way to download the entire set of "unread" messages in a
particular newsgroup while using KNode - without having to click on each
and every one of the newsgroup messages?

Thanks in advance.
Linux Noooobie
Bill Powell
bjp1942 at earthlink.net

KNode question

Post by T.Magui » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:45:37

press button in upper left corner.

tom

KNode question

Post by Garry Knigh » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 21:02:07

> Is there a way to download the entire set of "unread" messages in a
> particular newsgroup while using KNode - without having to click on each
> and every one of the newsgroup messages?

If you mean the bodies, no. KNode is an online newsreader. If you want to
use it as an offline newsreader, you could install a local NNTP proxy such
as Leafnode. It sits on port 119 waiting for newsgroup requests. You run a
utility called 'fetchnews' that downloads all articles in the newsgroups
you're interested in, then point your news client at 'localhost' to read
them. Very simple to set up, very simple to use. You might find the
following article of interest:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/garryknight/linux/leafnode.html

--
Garry Knight

Linux registered user 182025

KNode question

Post by Bob Camero » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 04:21:27

> Is there a way to download the entire set of "unread" messages in a
> particular newsgroup while using KNode - without having to click on each
> and every one of the newsgroup messages?

You might also like to look into using leafnode if you only connect to
internet periodically. It downloads entire newsgroups to your machine for
"offline" viewing/posting. The choice of what newsgroups is driven by the
client interface.

Cheers Bob

KNode question

Post by mjt » Sat, 09 Nov 2002 05:18:27

> Is there a way to download the entire set of "unread" messages in a
> particular newsgroup while using KNode - without having to click on each
> and every one of the newsgroup messages

... hmmmmmm. you should try exploring your software a little more :))

have you looked under the 'articles' menu option? also, if you
highlight the newsserver entry in the 'group view' and right-click,
what do you see? :)

if you're talking about downloading article BODIES, knode doenst
do that.

--
-------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer,  |    Black holes result

KNode question

Post by Achim Linde » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:30:16

> Is there a way to download the entire set of "unread" messages in a
> particular newsgroup while using KNode - without having to click on each
> and every one of the newsgroup messages?

http://noffle.sourceforge.net/

Achim

1. kde 3, Knode question

I remember once I got the article body window to stretch across the main
window, thereby giving more room for the body at the expense of the group
list.

I cannot remember how I did it ( or it was only in KDE 2.2).

Can anyone help here ?

2. Can't do multiple tar on QIC-150 SCSI drive

3. KNODE question

4. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

5. knode questions

6. IP masq and PPPoE don't mix?

7. KNode questions

8. Graphics Card for a Linux PC

9. Inane Knode question

10. kmail and knode question in KDE3.0

11. Knode Knode

12. knode: "mark as read" question

13. Signal 11, SIGSEGV with Knode, and kmail.... Question.