Term Problem

Post by Elvio Serr » Wed, 31 May 1995 04:00:00

I'm using linux 1.1.94 from InfoMagic and X11R6 and I'v compile term
v2.3.5 on my PC and at my provider also. I have a script whch logs me in
and starts my term but during 10 secs of usgae it locks up. Someone
mentioned that I should use linecheck to find out which control codes I
should escape in my termrc file and ignore the same at my providers
account termrc file. From my PC I type bash to go to the shell, then I
type linecheck < /dev/modem > /dev/modem 2>local.output and when I
examine the linecheck.log file it states unexpected packet three times
and then it sits there.

Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. I know I'm doing something wrong.
Regards Elvio

1. HELP! REMOTE 1) Printer problem 2) Term problem

1)  Remote printer problem

I'm trying to configure remote printers.
I have a SCO OpenServer 5.02 Enterprise System on local and remote sites.
There is an ISDN-router (TCP/IP, no PPP) attached to LAN on both sides.
Ping and rlogin works, and I can connect to DBMS sessions (from any host to
any other host).

But the remote printing.
I have enabled (via SCOadmin) Local and Remote UNIX Print Services. When I
try to add a remote printer (SCOadmin: Printer
 ->Add Remote->UNIX->Host, Select->Printer, Select) I get: Failed to
retrieve list of local printers and their descriptions. Details: "myhost"
failed to connect to "myhost". Failure with connection to server. Remote
child on machine "remote.com" has terminated. The child program
/etc/sysadm.d/bin/osaserver has terminated. Server process exited with exit
(1). Error with server process: Permission denied. What to do??

2) TERM -problem

Settings on local and remote sites. File .profile: eval 'tset -m ansi: ansi
-m $TERM:\?${TERM:-ansi} -r -s -Q'. File /etc/ttytype: ansi tty01.... ansi
tty12 and ansi ttyp0.... ansi ttyp6. I use character based sessions (no
mouse) and scologin is not running.

There are no problems when working locally, but when I rlogin to the remote
host, the screens containing graphics (tables) are a total mess. What to
do??

Please help

2. Where the heck is that scsi?

3. Sol 2.4 /dev/term problem

4. SuSE Linux, installing additional software

5. TERM problem with Carriage Returns

6. X Problem (Xwrapper) FreeBSD 4.3 -PLEASE HELP QUICK

7. term problem again !

8. tc problem

9. Term problems under AIX4

10. COLUMNS=1 term problem :(

11. Term problems

12. TERM problems... IPMcC

13. Term problem: cannot connect to socket!