xdm-shadow & password length

Post by Gary Anders » Fri, 24 Jun 1994 08:32:28

I've installed the binaries for xfree86-2.1, and overlaid them with
the new 2.1.1 stuff, and grabbed the xdm-shadow package, since I
run the shadow password suite.  Everything seems to work fine,
_except_ xdm-shadow.  I think I've discovered why.  My shadow
setup on my machine is configured for double-length (16 character)
passwords.  It appears that the xdm-shadow package, when constructed,
was configured for 8-character passwords.  I _did_ do the 'linkit'
to compile in my /usr/lib/libshadow.a.  Does anyone have an
xdm-shadow.a that's configured for double-length passwords, or can
point me at the sources for xdm-shadow. I've looked all over for
the sources, but can't find them.

Thanks,
Gary