No sound for my Realplayer G2 on Redhat 6.0

No sound for my Realplayer G2 on Redhat 6.0

Post by Tian Ch » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

     I just installed Realplayer G2 on my RedHat 6.0. I can see the
video,
but no sound. I can play CD fine. All the other sound applciations works
fine,
but not Realplayer G2. My sound card is Aureal A3D and I'm using the OSS

driver. I was using the video clips from the www.real.com G2 showcase.
Anything I missed? Do I need to download some patch or something?

    I'm new at Realplayer. It's proxy http options is 'Use my web
browser's HTTP proxy'.
I'm not using PNZ and RTSP proxy. Would that be OK?

    Any help would be appreciated.

-Tian

Post by coffe » Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>      I just installed Realplayer G2 on my RedHat 6.0. I can see the
> video,
> but no sound.
> -Tian

If its any consolation I have the same problem. I think its broke. ANyways, Have
you tired uninstalling it? I found that i cannot uninstall the darn thing too.
RH 6.0 Gnome desktop.

--

ICQ 1614986
                "Quick Robin! To the Linux Workstation!"

Post by Matt Willi » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> >      I just installed Realplayer G2 on my RedHat 6.0. I can see the
> > video,
> > but no sound.
> > -Tian

> If its any consolation I have the same problem. I think its broke. ANyways, Have
> you tired uninstalling it? I found that i cannot uninstall the darn thing too.
> RH 6.0 Gnome desktop.

> --

> ICQ 1614986
>                 "Quick Robin! To the Linux Workstation!"

Gnome? I don't know for sure, but esd might be your problem. Does your
gnome desktop have sounds enabled? Do a dejanews search on esd if you're
interested.

1. RealPlayer G2 doesn't work on RH 6.0 KDE 1.1.1?

    Can anyone get RealPlayer G2 to work under RH 6.0?  I downloaded the
RPM file, G2player-6.0-0.99051701.i386_rpm, installed it sucessfully
(yes, I changed the _rpm to .rpm), and set the
REALPLAYER_HOME=/usr/lib/RealPlayerG2/.
    However, first there is that annoying registration/configuration box
popping up everytime I try to run realplay.  Secondly, I can't seem to
play anything on it.  There is no sound, no video, nothing.  It just
says connecting and then stop everytime I try to open a location.  Can
anyone help?
    I'm running Redhat 6.0 and upped the KDE to 1.1.1.  My video card is
an ATI 3D Xpression+ 4MB and I have a AWE 64.  Here is my /dev/sndstat:

OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver loaded as a module
Kernel: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.2.5-22 #1 Wed Jun 2 09:17:03 EDT
1999 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:

Card config:

Audio devices:
0: Sound Blaster 16 (4.16) (DUPLEX)

Synth devices:
0: AWE32-0.4.3 (RAM512k)

Midi devices:
0: Sound Blaster 16
1: AWE Midi Emu

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: Sound Blaster

Will

2. /etc/system settings

3. realplayer g2 as plugin?

4. porting HP-UX to Linux (parse error with caddr_t)

5. RealPlayer G2 and WMP

6. SIG11 drivers me crazy

7. RealPlayer G2

8. Available space on partitions?

9. Realplayer G2

10. RealPlayer G2

11. Plugin for Realplayer G2!

12. Suse 6.3 - Netscape - Realplayer G2 plugin

13. G2-RealPlayer