SB PCI sound card, ASUS PSB MB, & ATI all-in-wonder AGP 8M video card?

SB PCI sound card, ASUS PSB MB, & ATI all-in-wonder AGP 8M video card?

Post by Ronald D. Hayne » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi, I am considering buying a system with an ASUS P2B MB ,
SB PCI 128 sound card, and an ATI all-in-wonder AGP 8M video card.

Any support problems with linux?

Thanks,
R Haynes

SB PCI sound card, ASUS PSB MB, & ATI all-in-wonder AGP 8M video card?

Post by Jarmo Mau » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

At least with PCI sound card does have real support problem., most
probably does not work at the moment.
Also that 128 sound stuff will not work.

ATI TV will not work.
ATI mach64 have good support, but these video card suppliers change
their stuff so often that ask from ATI, before you buy.

AGP, I do not know, maybe works?

Generally, remember that mainstream "playstation PC" suppliers release
drivers normally only for GatesCorp and not to others.
Select hardware which is 12-18 months old and then you may have
support also on Linux & other open systems.

Jarmo Maula

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998 22:27:37 -0800, "Ronald D. Haynes"

>Hi, I am considering buying a system with an ASUS P2B MB ,
>SB PCI 128 sound card, and an ATI all-in-wonder AGP 8M video card.

>Any support problems with linux?

>Thanks,
>R Haynes

1. ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card solution

Here's the solution to the ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card mystery.
Run the Xconfigurator as you normally would, which will add "r128" driver in
the device section of XF86Config-4 file; I think it's because of graphics by
rage.
Open XF86Config-4 file and add the following line.
ChipID 0x5246
No quotes around the number 0x5246.
Adding the BusID seems to be optional, if you have only one video card.
This kind of information should be readily available to the public in ATI's
support web site.  It's surprising that ATI doesn't do more to help its
customers.
Shame on you, ATI.

-

2. New to FreeBSD and Hello Everyone

3. ati wonder pro or ati wonder radeon video card

4. Why do those files "lose"?

5. top

6. PROBLEM: ATI All-In-Wonder Video Card

7. List-like tool for Linux

8. ATI all-in-Wonder video card, X server problem

9. ATI All-In-Wonder Video Card

10. Double Screen in X windows using ATI All-in-Wonder Pro Video card

11. FS: New ATI All-in-Wonder graphics card, PCI, 4MB...

12. Problems with ATI All-in-Wonder video card config using xf86config, startx