X11 mach32 server screws up text video on exit from X11

X11 mach32 server screws up text video on exit from X11

Post by Dr » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

works fine until you exit and then the text video gets small and
scrambled.. any ideas?

vince

Post by <jfos.. » Sat, 11 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> works fine until you exit and then the text video gets small and
> scrambled.. any ideas?

> vince

I think you could use some of the utilities from svgatextmode to save your
textmode settings, and add a line to the end of startx that kicks it back
to what it was. Then again, you could just be using an old server. I
thought XFree3.2 had fixed most of those problems.

Just an idea.

John

1. Upgrading to 4.6.2...X11 config in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 or /etc/X11?

During the next week, I plan to upgrade my machine to 4.6.2.  When I
installed the installation of X11 that I have now, I built it from
source with the ports tree, and it put the config files in the normal
location /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.
        However, I'm aware that in the past, FreeBSD has packaged the
X configs to go into /etc/X11, and I also remember that back when I was
running 4.4 on a different machine, the port asked you before the build
which of the two locations you'd like your X configs to go to.
        What I'm wondering is this:  If I do the upgrade, and have it
upgrade my X-Window installation, is it going to be smart enough to see
which place to look for my configuration?  I like freedom of choice with
things like this, but I hope the package tools are keeping all this
freedom in mind at upgrade time.

Anybody done the upgrade already on a machine with the configs in /usr?

--
|-+{ Brent A. Busby  } +-|  "Elstree...? Remember me? I had a part in |

|-+  Normal, IL  (USA) |-|   history. Look at me. Now I work for the  |
|-*  FreeBSD UNIX 4.5  *-|   BBC.   Life is not what it used to be."  |

2. PPTP server behind a linux NAT machine

3. no x11-server but x11-clients

4. tab problem

5. Hercules text mode not restored exiting from X11

6. Converting /etc/printcap -> /etc/lp/*

7. X11 locks up on exit or swithcing to text mode

8. CDROM Drive - Philips CM-206

9. mach32 X11 server?

10. Video prob on X11 exit

11. X server crashes when exiting DGA app (xmame.x11)

12. X11 R6 C++ program on a X11 R5 machine?

13. .X11-pipe/.X11-unix permissions and vnc/lbxproxy