Need Help w/ Adaptec 2840 VL

Post by marce.. » Sun, 03 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

  I've tried to boot Linux off of both a 2842 and a 2840 and it
freezes before it boots. Any help on getting it working much
appreciated. I'm using  scsikern that came with a Slackware
distribution ( Infomagic Dec 94 ) put there by an Adaptec 1542
Here's the messages that I get :

AHA 284x at slot 1
    . . .
Scsi 0 : Adapter AHA 274x/284x
Sc1 : 1 hosts
aha 274x : target 0 now synchronous at 10.0 Mb/s
 Vendor FUJITSU Model M1606s-512
 Type  Direct Access
Detected SCSI disc sda at SCSI 0, id0, lun0
SCSI hos 0 abort() timed-out -resetting
aha 274x: attempting to reset SCSI bus and card

.............freezes at that last line !

1. AHA 2840 VL on Debian

My debian install program hang on while trying to install it on an Adeptec
host Hard Drive.
In fact, my SCSII copntroller has no Boot BIOS, & i cannot install it,
cause it's "burned" ... The BIOS doesn't want to execute the AHA boot bios
(i think the card is damaged).

Except RH5, which wouldn't install, cause i haven't got the good CDROM, no
Linux install regonizes the Card. Can i copy the RH kernel ? (strange
solution).. Can i copy the AHA drivers from RH5, and how ?

Thanks.
--
/-------------------------------------------
|     A.S.R.

\-------------------------------------------

2. IP Filter for Tru64?

3. PCI SCSI ADAPTEC 2840 [help]

4. bootp problem ....

5. adaptec 2840 vlb

6. Parralel ZIP drive ppa.c help

7. Adaptec 2840 Card

8. AGP, how?

9. Slackware 1.2.0 and Adaptec 2840/2842 support

10. Adaptec 2840 - panics

11. Problem with Adaptec 2840 & CDROM

12. Linux and Adaptec 2840/2842

13. Adaptec 2840 / Is spin-down possible.