scripting problems

Post by Kristian E Anderso » Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Would the fact that csh is not in the bin directory prevent a script from
working or perhaps not work propperly?

I am trying to get a couple of scripts to run correctly.  The scripts are
used set up and start a MOO and MUD.

They either don't run or run incorrectly.

This might help. When I type csh -f myself nothing happens.  When I type
exit I get logged off.  If I type sh then type exit it exits and returns
to the previous shell.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Kris Anderson

1. su in rc scripts or startup scripts problem

Hello,

/sbin/su -usr1 'touch /export/home/user1/abc'

When the above script added to my rc script the system, the system display
the following error message when it's startup.

Sep 21 12:18:57 su: 'su user1' succeed for root on /dev/console
/dev/fd: Permission denied
Graphics Adapter device /dev/fd is of unknown type
Fatal server error:
InitOutput: Error loading module for /dev/fd
giving up:
/usr/openwin/bin/Xinit : Connection refused
(errno 146):unable to connect to X server
/usr/openwin/bin/Xinit : No such process
(errno 3):server error

But when I remark (#) that script no erro message is displayed.  I'd be
grateful if you can give me some advices.

--
Best Regards,

Paul Yip
Multimedia Unit
Information Technology Services Centre
Hong Kong Baptist University
Tel:  34117181
Fax: 27942888

2. Dip needs help with dip

3. ksh script --> sh script problems

4. Linux on GW2K P-75 FPC: Any good?

5. Script Problems / mqueue permission problems

6. Having problem with HDA

7. x window problems and script problems

8. HELP: Trying to configure uucp...

9. Scripting problem

10. sh script problem

11. Script Problem