Best Centralized Performance Monitor - Solaris/Linux/AIX/UX/NT-2000..???

Best Centralized Performance Monitor - Solaris/Linux/AIX/UX/NT-2000..???

Post by Mike Boik » Wed, 21 Mar 2001 22:47:05

Many times I've seen the need to monitor the performance (ie. CPU,
memory, disk, etc..) of multiple servers...running different OS's...

I need advice as to what Performance Monitoring tools are available which
allow you to monitor performance from a single central location across
servers running Solaris/NT-2000/Linux/IBM-AUX/HP-UX. The monitoring
does not have to take place across the Internet, it could be across the
local LAN as well. NT-2000 has such a tool in PerfMon, in that it allows
one to monitor various performance metrics from multiple servers on
single screen...in one central location. But, this only works for the
Microsoft
based OS NT and 2000...I would like to find monitoring tools that work
with the OS's I've listed above.

I did find PAWZ from Compaq (http://www.pawz.ws/about.htm) but are
there any others? Any help would be appreciated...thanks

-mike-

--
PLEASE REPLY BACK TO ME AT:

Post by Jeremiah DeWitt Weine » Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:13:07

> Many times I've seen the need to monitor the performance (ie. CPU,
> memory, disk, etc..) of multiple servers...running different OS's...

        Big Brother (www.bb4.com) is pretty good and can be set up to monitor
a whole bunch of things.  The only thing that may concern you is that the
central, 'server' portion can only run on Unix (the monitoring client part
can run on NT/2K).

> PLEASE REPLY BACK TO ME AT:

        Question here, reply here.  That's how Usenet works.

JDW

1. Best Centralized Performance Monitor - Solaris/Linux/AIX/UX/NT-2000..???

[...]

2. REMOTE BOOT

3. Matrox Mystique driver status?

4. how to centralize aix syslog to a windows 2000 server ?

5. select() & signals

6. US-Nationwide-SunOS-HP-UX-Solaris-AIX-Router Programming-LAN-WAN-Networking-UNIX

7. DOE buys fastest Linux system

8. Win NT/2000 performance and tuning

9. Centralized Authentication?(solaris/windows)

10. Wanted - NJ- Unix System Admins or Admins with Windows NT, Sun, Solaris, HP-UX, or AIX