Keeping With Stamped Date On Downloaded Files

Keeping With Stamped Date On Downloaded Files

Post by N/A » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:48:28

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the original stamped date on the files
downloaded through a web browser, i.e. konqueror, Mozilla,
NetScape, lynx, or even curl?  Preferrably, I would download the
files with ncftp; however, some of the sites I visited don't
offer FTP download.  If I downloaded the files through NCFTP, I
know the original stamped date remains; however, downloading the
files from konqueror or any web bworser destroys the original
stamped date on the file.

TIA.

Post by Paul Kimot » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:46:19

> Is there a way to keep the original stamped date on the files
> downloaded through a web browser, i.e. konqueror, Mozilla,
> NetScape, lynx, or even curl?  Preferrably, I would download the
> files with ncftp; however, some of the sites I visited don't
> offer FTP download.  If I downloaded the files through NCFTP, I
> know the original stamped date remains

I use "lwp-mirror" from libwww-perl.  Perhaps "wget" can do what you want,
too.

--
Paul Kimoto
This message was originally posted on Usenet in plain text.  Any images,

Keeping With Stamped Date On Downloaded Files

Post by N/A » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:05:41

On Thursday 14 February 2002 10:46, `Paul Kimoto' of

>> Is there a way to keep the original stamped date on the files
>> downloaded through a web browser, i.e. konqueror, Mozilla,
>> NetScape, lynx, or even curl?  Preferrably, I would download
>> the files with ncftp; however, some of the sites I visited
>> don't
>> offer FTP download.  If I downloaded the files through NCFTP,
>> I know the original stamped date remains

> I use "lwp-mirror" from libwww-perl.  Perhaps "wget" can do
> what you want, too.

"lwp-mirror" is a simple mirror utility for WWW that is used to
mirror a document from a WWW server, not to download a file.
BTW, thanks for the info on "wget" and it works pretty well to
preserve the original stamped date.

Post by Paul Kimot » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:52:28

> "lwp-mirror" is a simple mirror utility for WWW that is used to
> mirror a document from a WWW server, not to download a file.

How does "mirroring" not encompass "downloading"?  It works when
the URL specifies a file.

--
Paul Kimoto
This message was originally posted on Usenet in plain text.  Any images,
hyperlinks, or the like shown here have been added without my consent,
and may be a violation of international copyright law.

1. How To Preserve Stamped Date When Downloading from a WEB page/

Hi,

Has anyone ever noticed that downloading a file from a web page always
changes the date of the downloaded file?

What I would like to do is to sync the date on all the files, that I
downloaded from any web page using netscape, with the original stamped
date.  Can anyone please tell me how to do it?

TIA.

--

PS> Remove the "4" from e-mail address to respond.

2. Specs for Philips Vesta (pro) webcam

3. Preserving Date Stamp When Downloading

4. gdbm 1.5 on rs6000 ?

5. Date stamping commands in the shell command history file

6. Library function documentation

7. Changing File Modified Time/Date Stamp

8. HELP caught in sys-unconfig hell

9. file date stamp

10. Changing File Modified Time/Date Stamp

11. Date stamping commands in the history file in ksh

12. How do you reset file date time stamp

13. time and date stamp of a file