Xwindows graphical login security question

Xwindows graphical login security question

Post by Londonbo » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 02:26:24

I am running RedHat 7, using graphical login (x-window).  In the login
prompt, it has the option for anyone to reboot / halt the machine, is there
a way to disable it?

Thanks.

L.B.

Post by Dan Whit » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:03:25

> I am running RedHat 7, using graphical login (x-window).  In the login
> prompt, it has the option for anyone to reboot / halt the machine, is
> there a way to disable it?

> Thanks.

> L.B.

If you're using the gnome display manager (gdm), you can play with
/etc/gdm/gdm.conf. Like changing the "HaltCommand" and "RebootCommand"
lines.

- Dan White