LILO chokes my compile...BUT I DONT USE LILO..??

LILO chokes my compile...BUT I DONT USE LILO..??

Post by Danie » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Whenever I try to compile my new kernel I make it all the way down to
the "make modules install"
then it chokes on trying to write to LILO.conf .......it says their is
no such file or directory...which is true..
because I don't use LILO...I use LOADLIN.......

I tried just creating a file named lilo.conf         and when it gets to
the important part...again...it says it can't
write the MBR to device 306 or something...

If I remove lilo from my system wil THAT help???

Thanks in advance ....I'm ALMOST there...:0

This compile will solve almost ALL my SuSE probs...i.e. no sound in the

kernel, and no scanner support...and I want to use my wacom with my

ps/2 mouse...

Thanks...again...if you know about this

Daniel

--
Serocki's Stricture:
        Marriage is always a bachelor's last option.

Post by jami » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Whenever I try to compile my new kernel I make it all the way down to
>the "make modules install"
>then it chokes on trying to write to LILO.conf .......it says their is
>no such file or directory...which is true..
>because I don't use LILO...I use LOADLIN.......

use 'make zImage' instead of 'make zlilo'
You'll have to copy your kernel for loadlin out of
/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot

--

                "There's a seeker born every minute."

1. LILO chokes my compile..but I don't USE LILO..???

[...]

2. Redirecting links

3. LILO--LILO--LILO

4. X Windows - PS/2 Question

5. LILO, LILO, LILO

6. Problem accessing BIOS - newbie, please help

7. troubles with lilo from rescuedisk (dont know how to handle device 0x00...)

8. Hardware vs Software RAID

9. lilo can't find /etc/lilo.conf, even though it's there

10. lilo.conf ignored by lilo at boot time

11. LILO: what does lilo write in boot sector?

12. LILO boot LILO

13. LILO: First boot sector doesn't have a valid LILO signature