Applets in "Kicker"

Post by George Bel » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 08:26:19

I was experimenting with the "Kicker" - that horizontal task bar at the
bottom of the screen in kde2.  It was installed by SuSE and I was adding
applets to it.  Well, I added one, then I wanted to get rid of it, and I
couldn't!  In fact, in trying to get rid of it, I added another copy of
the damn thing to the task bar.  I've tried hacking the configuration
files, and removed two entries under .kde2/config(or something) in my
home directory, and it didn't work!  How can I remove things from the
taskbar?  I guess I could delete user and start all over again, but what
a pain that would be.

Thanks,

George

Applets in "Kicker"

Post by George Bel » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:52:21

> I was experimenting with the "Kicker" - that horizontal task bar at the
> bottom of the screen in kde2.  It was installed by SuSE and I was adding
> applets to it.  Well, I added one, then I wanted to get rid of it, and I
> couldn't!  In fact, in trying to get rid of it, I added another copy of
> the damn thing to the task bar.  I've tried hacking the configuration
> files, and removed two entries under .kde2/config(or something) in my
> home directory, and it didn't work!  How can I remove things from the
> taskbar?  I guess I could delete user and start all over again, but what
> a pain that would be.

> Thanks,

> George

OK, Nevermind!  I see you can just left click and click the red "X".  I
did not know at first this was for the app.