1. Kernel versions, IP firewalls, IP masquerading and stability
Greetings all, I have a question or two to put to you about kernel
What is the earliest version of the kernel that supports IP
masquerading and IP firewalls (proxy ARP, and various proxy servers)?
I understand that 1.2.x are "stable" releases of linux and that the
last 1.2.x version is 1.2.10. Then there is 1.3.x - which is supposed
to be experimental.
I am presently using linux kernel 1.2.8 as distributed with
InfoMagic's slackware 2.3 distribution What I want to know is
which version of the kernel I should be using for my linux box, I need
those above features.
Also, I have a CMD VLB EIDE controler in my machine (oh well) which I
understand has problems with data corruption. (I have only 1 EIDE
drive connected to it and my CDROM is SCSI) What revision of the
kernel do I need to use for this not to be a worry?
I also want to look at NFS, but if I understand that correctly then
this is a daemon that is loaded by the init process. I am a relative
new comer to linux and am a little overwhelmed by the quantity of
information sources, knowing where to go.
2. postscript printer is printing the postscript text
3. IP Firewall and IP Masquerading Problems
4. Make an AVI video from BMP files
5. IP Masquerading: dynamic IP assignment beyond the firewall?
6. ISC at job gives sh: bad ulimit ??
7. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP
8. 4.3.3 dosutil problem
9. IP NAT and IP Masquerading
10. IP-Chains vs. IP-Masquerade
11. IP Masquerade , IP Chains
12. proxy route gateway ip masquerading ip chains ?
13. IP masquerading wint RH 5.2 multiple IP