1. Slow afternoon - adding second CPU to Compaq Pro Workstation 5000
With two Pentium Pro 200 boxes at home running/testing a variety of
operating environments, I'm now moving to boost both to dual CPUs. While
the IBM is a pretty standard box, the Compaq has the usual Compaq "tweaks".
Since the VRM looks like the standard VRM, I checked on Compaq's forum to
verify that the Fairchild/Raytheon RCB001, which looked like it should fit,
would work on that box. The forum's engineer, who usually tries to be
helpful, publicly refused to even consider the question, since they only
support the Compaq solution.
Well, I'm the adventurous type. I tried it, and it works! Since I
have NT 4.0 WS, Solaris x86 and Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 on the same drive,
I went through them one by one once I confirmed through Compaq's utilities
that the second CPU was recognized.
NT 4.0 still boots recognizing only a single CPU. It's probably
running the wrong HAL.
I booted to Solaris, trying "b -r" to reconfigure - just in case -
but the system paniced on bootup! I tried it again, and the same thing
happened. On the third try I let the box come up by itself, and it did.
(Anyone have any idea why the system might panic in this circumstance?)
Running mpstat, it does show two processors (0 and 1). Though the
system seemed quiet, mpstat showed "wt" time (wait, I presume) approaching
50% on each CPU, but this declined over the next few minutes to almost 0.
So I guess I'm now cooking. (Maybe I shouldn't say "cooking" when talking
about my CPUs. :-) )
Haven't checked the Linux instance yet; hopefully the CPU addition
won't entail building a new kernel.
2. Multiple addresses per interface
3. Adding a second CPU to Solaris x86
4. Inno3D Tornado GeForce 2MX - Problems with Nvidia kernel driver
5. Add two CPU and 1 GB Memory
6. Need help setting up a Linux router
7. Added second CPU to Sparc 10, now progs crash
8. Futex update.
9. how to add second Cpu ?
10. Redhat 7.2 and adding a CPU
11. Binding Oracle to two CPU's in a four CPU Sun Solaris 8 system........
12. uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux uninstall REDhat linux
13. Steps in adding second hard drive to Redhat 5.0.