okidata 6e led printer

Post by Bunicula the Vampire Rabbi » Sat, 20 Jun 1998 04:00:00

anyone ever get one of these to work in linux?

it allegedly is hp laserjet 4 compatible, but it won't work with that
filter.

the printer is getting a signal. when i try to print, the status light
will flicker once, and then nothing. it does the same if i try to print
asci directly to the port...

if i connect it shared to the nt machine, then attach to it via samba, the
page will get to the queue, but then just sits there. ill then have to
delete it from the queue.

brian

okidata 6e led printer

Post by Michael DiCucci » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> anyone ever get one of these to work in linux?

> it allegedly is hp laserjet 4 compatible, but it won't work with that
> filter.

> the printer is getting a signal. when i try to print, the status light
> will flicker once, and then nothing. it does the same if i try to print
> asci directly to the port...

> if i connect it shared to the nt machine, then attach to it via samba, the
> page will get to the queue, but then just sits there. ill then have to
> delete it from the queue.

> brian

If it's anything like the HP LaserJet 4, I had a bear of a time getting
mine to work.  You might want to check out magicfilter (it's on
sunsite.unc.edu) - I tried apsfilter but couldn't get it to work
(perhaps I'm just a dolt :)

Mike

1. Linux RH 5.1 and Okidata 6e printer problems

I am trying to get my printer working. I have an Okidata 6e. It is
connected to my computer using a Normal Parrallel printer port mode,
although I've tried ECP/EPP, and Bi-directional. The printer emulates a
HP LaserJet 4, and I've tried setting it to the HP LaserJet 4 (ditered)
and also HP LaserJet 4/5/6. None of which seem to work quite right. I've
tried printing test page after test page, sometimes I'll hear the
printer warm up, and the light will blink as if it is receiving data.
I've tried turning off "Suppress Headers" and also tried adding the EOF.
Nothing seems to work quite right for me. If anybody could help on this
I would greatly appreciate it.

Please reply to

2. ppp on 2.4 x86

3. my okidata okipage 6e printer won't print

4. SUExec w/Virtual Domains

5. Okidata Okipage 6e printer

6. Quotas & 1.3.80 BUGS

7. How to print to Okidata Okipage 6e printer

8. Q: MODVERSIONS and binary device drivers

9. OKIDATA 400 LED printer problem

10. Okidata LED Printers

11. Okidata 6e

12. Okidata Okipage 6e (resubmit)