MPEG-II audio player for Linux?

Post by John Bre » Sat, 12 Mar 1994 23:32:01

Has anyone ported an MPEG-II audio player for Linux, a la
maplay?

--

1. Problems playing any MPEG-II audio files through my *NEW* SB-Pro!

Hi all!  I just purchased last weekend a SoundBlaster Pro for my Pentium
system (for lack of anything better) and have been able to get the kernel
up and running with it OK.. I can play AU files using "cat" without any
problems, but when I fire up the latest version of "maplay 1.2" and play
an MPEG Level II audio file, I just get garbage!  It sounds as if my volume
is WAY too high.. I've fiddled around with the "-f" option (sampling rate?)
and changed it from 32767 to something < 1000 and got better results, but still
much of the sound is distorted..

Any ideas??

-- Rick

--
+----------------------------------------------+------------------------------+

|You may ask -- who is the Evil Empire??       |             or               |

|The Company that Inhales its Competition....  |                              |
+----------------------------------------------+------------------------------+

2. Specialix RTA with Motorola codex MUX 6015

3. MP3Blaster V2.01 -- Mpeg audio player for Linux

4. Text editor/viewer engines for embeding

5. maplay mpeg audio player for Linux

6. BP6 / HPT366 Problems?

7. Linux mpeg audio players

8. spam bait - please ignore

9. uninterruptible mpeg audio player (real time)

10. A New Audio MPEG Player

11. amp - New Audio MPEG Player

12. mpeg player can't see audio device

13. MPEG *audio* players?