Shutdown won't Power-off using SuSE-6.1

Post by Younger » Sun, 18 Jul 1999 04:00:00

When I used RedHat 6.0 and everytime I issue a shutdown command from the KDE
logon icon, my computer would be brought down to halt with the power off
within 5 seconds.  I replaced my RedHat-6.0 package with SuSE-6.1 and the
shutdown process will not power off the computer except just halted the
computer and switch the Master Resource Control to runlevel 0.

Has anyone ever noticed the weird behaviour on his/her Linux using SuSE-6.1
distro?

--

Post by Shaw Carruthe » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>When I used RedHat 6.0 and everytime I issue a shutdown command from the KDE
>logon icon, my computer would be brought down to halt with the power off
>within 5 seconds.  I replaced my RedHat-6.0 package with SuSE-6.1 and the
>shutdown process will not power off the computer except just halted the
>computer and switch the Master Resource Control to runlevel 0.

>Has anyone ever noticed the weird behaviour on his/her Linux using SuSE-6.1
>distro?

This is a known problem , if you look at the fixes for SuSE 6.1 on the
Suse website you will find a solution( add -p to the last line of
/etc/rc.d/halt).

1. Shutdown won't Power-off using SuSE-6.1

When I used RedHat 6.0 and everytime I issue a shutdown command from the KDE
logon icon, my computer would be brought down to halt with the power off
within 5 seconds.  I replaced my RedHat-6.0 package with SuSE-6.1 and the
shutdown process will not power off the computer except just halted the
computer and switch the Master Resource Control to runlevel 0.

Has anyone ever noticed the weird behaviour on his/her Linux using SuSE-6.1
distro?

--

2. Pinnacle DC10+ Video Capture Card on Redhat 8.0 - "Device not found"

3. RH 7.2 Power Management, power-off on shutdown?

4. Compilation errors with Apache_1.3.4 Under Solaris2.6

5. SuSE Linux 7.3 will not power off at shutdown

6. access.conf Options question

7. Can power-off call shutdown ?

8. An ARM linux plea

9. Power-off after shutdown under Linux

10. Power-off on shutdown?

11. Automatic power-off of an RS/6000 following issuance of "shutdown" command

12. Propper shutdown on power-off

13. acpi won't power off 'puter