how to install KDE on RH6.0

Post by JC Vollm » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello everyone.
Can someone please tell me how to setup KDE on RH6.0.  I've currently got
my system setup for GNOME, but I'd like to be able to switch to KDE and
back.

--
       JC VOLLMER  TEXT REFS DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER

FARCEUR&RACONTEUR  IGNORE FULLWISE               DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER

how to install KDE on RH6.0

Post by Patrici » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> Hello everyone.
> Can someone please tell me how to setup KDE on RH6.0.  I've currently got
> my system setup for GNOME, but I'd like to be able to switch to KDE and
> back.

KNIP
Hi
in a terminal type switchdesk
--
HTH :-)
Patricia

http://www.linuxfan.com/~beginners_linux

Red Hat Linux release 6.0 (Hedwig)
Kernel 2.2.5-15

 12:22am  up  9:25,  2 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.39, 1.36

how to install KDE on RH6.0

Post by NotforPubli » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Well now, I had a similar condition and switchdesk didn't get it because the
KDE components were not automatically installed the first time I ran the RH
6.0 install package with mostly default choices. (It may have been the
"workstation" option.) A fresh installation with some more inquisitive
poking turned up some more detailed package lists. KDE appeared there as an
option.

Another new guy.

how to install KDE on RH6.0

Post by Gandal » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

If you have a "default" installation you should be able to find a menu
listing for "KDE Menu's" (or something like that). Follow the yellow brick
road through the menu's to either "system" or "settings" and you should see
an applet called "Desktop Switching Tool". Run that. When you logout of your
Gnome session and run "startx" again (or reboot) you should go into the KDE
session instead of Gnome.