Lose color in filenames when I use tcsh

Post by 613 » Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:00:00

When is use bash, the file types are distinguished with
different colors.  However, when I used my beloved tcsh,
the files are all one color.  Any ideas?

Also, how do I change the font on the KDE window manager?
It's sooo small.

Oh yeah - Mandrake 6.0

And one more thing, if I buy a laptop (Compaq Presario 1270,
which uses a K6-2) will Linux install?  I'm about to take
the leap from Intel to a clone...

Thanks,

Scott

Post by Vilmos Sot » Sun, 15 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> When is use bash, the file types are distinguished with
> different colors.  However, when I used my beloved tcsh,
> the files are all one color.  Any ideas?

alias ls ls --color=auto

Put it into you startup file.

Vilmos

--
Looking for a job in British Columbia.
Have you recompiled your kernel today?

1. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

Is there any straightforward way to compare file modification dates
(i.e. which is older/newer) using tcsh built-ins?  I know ksh has the
"file1-nt" file2 and "file1-ot file2" operators for boolean expressions,
but I can't seem to find any relatively simple way of performing the
same comparision in tcsh, other than using sed/awk to extract the two
files' date fields from their "ls -l" listings and attempting to
lexographically compare two strings.

Thanks.
Ben West

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Will Adapted ANA 6944a work w/RedHat 6?

3. Using ANSI color escape sequences in tcsh

4. Intel Express 3D video card

5. What did I do to lose color in color terminal prgs?

6. net.views ... sun/next deal ... responses

7. tcsh filename completion

8. Communicator 4.04 and mail problems

9. no tcsh,ksh,ash filename glob on nfs vol. in RH 7.2

10. tcsh tab filename completion

11. tcsh exits when ls-ing bizarre filenames

12. TCSH filename completion and !

13. csh (tcsh) filename completion in X windows