Sinmple(?) lpr problem in RH 6.0, please help

Sinmple(?) lpr problem in RH 6.0, please help

Post by mac » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have problems setting up lpr to work with RH 6.0.

I can print if I use the command:

 cat test.ps | /usr/local/bin/ps.color.eco.if > /dev/lp0

But not with:

 lpr -Pcoloreco test.ps

I can see it flash by in lpq, and also when using lpc status coloreco
it looks like it is working. I have restarted lpd.

BUT I have noticed that 'lpc status all' gives information of the
printer coloreco, but also a number of ':'.

The printcap looks like this:

coloreco:\
 :lp=/dev/lp0:\
 :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp_color_eco:\
 :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp_color_eco/log:\
 :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp_color_eco/acct:\
 :if=/usr/local/bin/ps.color.eco.if:\
 :la:mx#0:\
 :sh:sf:

When I put all entries on the same line, lpc output
looked better but I could still not print.

There is no clue in the /var/log/messages, it just reports that it has
printed. The spool-log file is empty.

I'm using the PNM2PPA driver for Hp720c.

Please help.

 /Mac

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sinmple(?) lpr problem in RH 6.0, please help

Post by Uncleb » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

On or about Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:53:11 GMT

 [....Posted....]

Quote:>I have problems setting up lpr to work with RH 6.0.
>I can print if I use the command:
> cat test.ps | /usr/local/bin/ps.color.eco.if > /dev/lp0
>But not with:
> lpr -Pcoloreco test.ps
>I can see it flash by in lpq, and also when using lpc status coloreco
>it looks like it is working. I have restarted lpd.
>BUT I have noticed that 'lpc status all' gives information of the
>printer coloreco, but also a number of ':'.
>The printcap looks like this:
>coloreco:\
> :lp=/dev/lp0:\
> :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp_color_eco:\
> :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp_color_eco/log:\
> :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp_color_eco/acct:\
> :if=/usr/local/bin/ps.color.eco.if:\
> :la:mx#0:\
> :sh:sf:
>When I put all entries on the same line, lpc output
>looked better but I could still not print.
>There is no clue in the /var/log/messages, it just reports that it has
>printed. The spool-log file is empty.
>I'm using the PNM2PPA driver for Hp720c.
> /Mac
>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Try defining printer;
#export PRINTER=coloreco

--
unclebob icq 3347043 (see headers for e-mail)

"Sure, Bill Gates may have ninety-four billion dollars,
"but is he happy? He IS?? AH, SHIT!!" {Dennis Miller}.