pctel 'linmodem' driver with 2.2.15 problem

pctel 'linmodem' driver with 2.2.15 problem

Post by loboto » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I have been using a Zoltrix Phantom 56k winmodem (yes I know it is
junk and I should get a real modem...but it was really cheap and it
does generally work...) under RH6.0 with the pctel 'linmodem' driver
for some time (with the included 2.2.5-something kernel) for some
time, and it has worked reasonably well.  I upgraded to 2.2.15
recently, and recompiled the pctel module for it as well.  I don't
think the configuration is much different than before, other than
enabling svga text mode and compiling in the sound and iomega drivers,
but now whenever it accesses the modem, it gives a segmentation fault.
Is there any known workaround, or will I just have to live with 2.2.5
until I replace the modem?

1. pctel 'linmodem' driver with 2.2.15 problem

I have been using a Zoltrix Phantom 56k winmodem (yes I know it is
junk and I should get a real modem...but it was really cheap and it
does generally work...) under RH6.0 with the pctel 'linmodem' driver
for some time (with the included 2.2.5-something kernel) for some
time, and it has worked reasonably well.  I upgraded to 2.2.15
recently, and recompiled the pctel module for it as well.  I don't
think the configuration is much different than before, other than
enabling svga text mode and compiling in the sound and iomega drivers,
but now whenever it accesses the modem, it gives a segmentation fault.
Is there any known workaround, or will I just have to live with 2.2.5
until I replace the modem?

2. Applying Linux kernel patches

3. Feedback on 2.2.15 (wasRe: Kernel Stable: 2.2.15pre4 )

4. add new list_splice_init()

5. pctel 'linmodem' driver with 2.2.16 problem

6. Assistance requested in X Windows product survey

7. PCTEL linmodem problem: let's try this again

8. Speedstream 3060 DSL Modem

9. USB problems compiling 2.2.15pre19

10. ICQ problems with IP Masq Debian 2.2.15

11. Problem with DMA buffer (in 2.2.15)

12. G4 - Kernel 2.2.15pre7 - USB problems :-(

13. Kernel 2.2.15 Problem