find command for nt

Post by Jürgen Exne » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone know of a preferably public domain "find" command that works
on
> Windows nt?  I know there are variations of the dir command that search
> sub-directories.  But, I need the output to be exactly what UNIX find

outputs.

Have a look at http://www.cygnus.com/

jue
--
Jrgen Exner

find command for nt

Post by Joern Smoc » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of a preferably public domain "find" command that
> works on Windows nt?  I know there are variations of the dir command
> that search sub-directories.  But, I need the output to be exactly
> what UNIX find outputs.

Look at "www.cygnus.com".  You can run GNU find but since file systems
(permissions etc.) are different, the output will be somewhat
different (permissions, user/group, etc.)

Joern

1. Need to find vi command to remove ^H from command man find > find.txt

hi there,

Q1: i need to find out the vi command needed to change all occurences of
some character followed by a backspace to nothing.  that is to remove the ^H
sequence created by the following command man find > find.txt .
Q2:can sed perform the same task as vi?

Q3:what would be the command also for sed ?

thanks.

Iskandar

2. Are there still markets? (C# Overview from Microsoft)

3. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

4. IP ACCOUNTING

5. bug with GNU-find command on Windows NT..

6. Serving additional page to every user's page

7. NT's broken command-line (was Re: Wind~1.NT Ease Debunked)

8. Well known port numbers?

9. HELP: wrote Lilo to Win NT MBR, can't find my NT now ...

10. Linux vs. Windoze NT - new security hole found in NT.

11. need to pipe a find or locate command into the rm command....PLEASE help!

12. Piping results of a 'find' command to a 'mv' command...