Source for mount command?

Post by None » Sun, 09 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Can someone tell me where to find the source for the mount command?  I'd like
to take a look at what it's doing.

Same thing for the modprobe command and maybe the kerneld as well.

Thanks!
Robert McIntyre

Source for mount command?

Post by Friedhelm Mehne » Mon, 10 Nov 1997 04:00:00

: Can someone tell me where to find the source for the mount command?  I'd like
: to take a look at what it's doing.
:

ftp://ftp.win.tue.nl/pub/linux/util/mount-2.5p.tar.gz

Regards,
Friedhelm

--
Microsoft is NOT the answer. Microsoft is the Question.
The answer is: "NO!"

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. Moore's Law, continued...

3. Possible to mount Samba filesys (smbfs) via ordinary 'mount' command?

4. Looking for X docs

5. mount point in Unix mount command ?.

6. Linux User Count 2000

7. Mount of Joliet CD - What command or release of mount?

8. Querying tty input with ioctl

9. Can any open source compiler convert C++ source to C source?

10. diff among echo a>f; command<f; echo $a|command; command << $a; EOF

11. source code for the history mechanism that is provided by the csh command shell

12. sources for UNIX commands

13. C-source of PS command