SCSI compatibilty

Post by Michael Segulj » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am about to add 3 9.2GB SCSI hard drive and an Adaptec 29160 SCSI
adapter to my Linux server, but I want to make sure the adapter will
work first.  I'm using MandrakeLinux 7.1.

Thanks.

Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SCSI compatibilty

Post by Robert Schweiker » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Check out the hardware howto

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Hardware-HOWTO.html

If it's not on the list check the Adaptec web site, they might have a
driver.

Have fin.
Robert

--
Robert Schweikert                      MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU

SCSI compatibilty

Post by Dave Bro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I am about to add 3 9.2GB SCSI hard drive and an Adaptec 29160 SCSI
>adapter to my Linux server, but I want to make sure the adapter will
>work first.  I'm using MandrakeLinux 7.1.

You might need to find the chip used on the 29160.  For instance,
the 2940 uses an AIC7xxx chip, thereby needing the aix7xxx module.
--
Dave Brown  Austin, TX

1. Monitor Compatibilty question.

        Is there any reason that the 20 inch monitor that
comes with a SPARCstation 5 wouldn't work with an
older IPX (and vice versa).
        I am about to order a new SPARCstation 5. While
I can live with a 17 inch monitor on that system, I could
really could benifit with a 20 inch monitor on the IPX.
Can I simply exchange these two.... plug and play?

Thanks
Eddie

2. Lauching remote clients

3. Printer compatibilty:Am I wasting my time?

4. tracking a pid

5. Proxy Server Compatibilty, 256MB RAM, 20GB hardisk.

6. IPX routing?

7. binary compatibilty with ATT Unix?

8. cant set hostname

9. Quick HARDWARE COMPATIBILTY snapshot

10. reiserfs and backwards compatibilty

11. Notebook compatibilty

12. P5MMA98 - Compatibilty Problems...

13. Compatibilty with Diamond Viper V550