1. HELP! Good CAD package(s) for Linux??
I'm having great difficulty finding a good CAD package for Linux.
I've searched for and downloaded quite a few, and most of them have
user interfaces that range from bizarre to horrendous and downhill
I'd obviously prefer a free package, but I'm willing to pay for
I have a couple of different applications (I'm fine with using
different CAD packages for each, but they have to be ok):
-architectural: 2 story house, garage, workshop, yard/lot plan
plan view, elevations, 3D views, ease of use, multiple layers,
roofing would be a nice bonus
can export to other formats (Chief Architect, DXF, DWG, VRML, POV,
-3D parts and mechanical design
CSG, multiple layers, materials properties, ...
export to (DXF, DWG, VRML, POV, ...)
export for CNC milling/machining
What would you recommend?
Are there any packages for Linux that are intuitive, easy to use, ...?
Any ports or projects in the works?
Is this hopeless and I should just buy a Windows box?
If there really is nothing out there really intuitive, what about
rolling our own (maybe leveraging an existing project)?
rpseguin AT yahoo DOT com
2. more Exabyte tape handling
3. Need help building BRL-CAD package
4. Keyboard changes in XFree86 v4.0
5. Good CAD package(s) for Linux??
6. Kernel paging request fails?!?
7. Anybody using mechanical CAD packages under Linux?
8. Still no Kmidi sound.
9. CAD / Graphics packages for SCO
10. CAD package
11. Any CAD package for linux ??
12. looking for CAD-like program
13. New CAD package for Linux.